It's no longer just for lunch boxes...
PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY!
Don't fret though, this post will still be full of healthy (and a few not so healthy) PB & J packed recipes, it's just that most of them will not be mine! (Hard to say, but easy to do with hyperlinks!)
To start off Part 1 of a surely many part series of all things PB & J, I will give my most recent and simplest recreation of the classic lunch box sandwich:
1. Peanut Butter and Strawberry Minis from Me
- What They Are: Strawberry Slices smothered with my favorite natural peanut butter and stuck together like sandwiches
- Classic Taste Rating: 7 . . . These taste very similar to the classic sandwich, are much healthier, and are made of all natural ingredients!
- What They Are: A sweet crust made from spelt flour, spread with jam and baked. Then it is topped with banana slices and piped with peanut butter.
- Classic Taste Rating: 8 . . . How can you go wrong when you add in the words PIZZA AND BANANAS?
- What It Is: A simple peanut butter ice cream made with coconut milk and swirled with jam.
- Classic Taste Rating: 6 . . . Points for simplicity and originality! It would have gotten a higher rating if it resembled more of a hand-holdable, sandwich-type creation like the original. (Future banana ice cream sandwich recipe?)
- What They Are: Basically a peanut butter jelly in wrap form!
- Classic Taste Rating: 10 . . . Tastes just like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but it lacks the added sugars in the jam, and it's in a wrap!
- What They Are: Whole wheat pancakes made with peanut butter, greek yogurt, oats and whole wheat flour. Then they are topped with a fruit spread.
- Classic Taste Rating: 10 . . . Anything having to do with breakfast is an A in my book. Plus the ingredients are so healthful and guilt free!
Stay tuned... Next will be another PB&J post with edible and non-edible items...?