Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Quickest Post Ever (Not Really)

The other day I was reading through some old Live Laugh and Eat posts.... (I read through old blog posts like back issues of magazines!) and I saw a post where she travelled to C-Ville to celebrate a Kath's birthday on Kath Eats. In the post was a picture of Kath at her "blogging station" and Allie mentioned that she finds it really interesting to hear how other bloggers go about writing their posts... And how quick they are.

Ahem. I am not the quickest blogger in the world. In fact, I am probably one of the slowest bloggers you will ever meet. It's not that I can't find any topics to write about, it's just that I write them, but either due to not having downloaded the needed pictures yet, or what I will affectionately refer to as my ADBD (Attention Deficit Blogging Disorder).

This is the main reason why I have been uploading so few posts recently. I have A LOT written! Due to lack of pictures or my feeling that they are not "just right," I have not published them for the general public- AKA- you all.

And after rambling about random nonsense which a normal person probably wouldn't understand (but I hope some fellow bloggers do!) I will get to the real purpose of this post. Another WIAW.

Shocker.




Breakfast: Oats in a Jar
  • Banana Oatmeal Mixture in a Utopia Nut Butter Jar (made with edamame instead of nuts).
  • Topped with frozen raspberries, fresh strawberries, ground cinnamon, 1 tbsp homemade granola, ground cinnamon. And some unsweetened almond milk for good measure. 
  • Paired with a (tiny!) patty of lean ground turkey.

Boring in color, but so delicious

Lunch: Packed Salad

Salad made with ground turkey, lettuce and baby carrots. Side of 2 extra large strawberries and some homemade gluten-free bread topped with (more homemade) sunflower seed butter.

And my snack of edamame on the side!
That bread and sunflower seed butter satisfied my sandwich craving.
Snack: After School

Half serving of Roasted Edamame, lightly salted


Dinner: Microwave Turkey Meatloaf 

Basically I combined 6 oz leand ground turkey with 2 tbsp quick oats, 2 tbsp applesauce, 1 tbsp tomato puree and a whole lot of garlic/onion powder and pepper. Then I put it in a small rubber loaf pan and microwaved it at different temperatures until it was done!

Paired with tomato puree for dipping (This is half the recipe).

I also made some lowfat meatloaf for the rest of my family. Yum :)


For some reason I didn't get a "finished" pic... Strange!
Snack: More Oatmeal

Banana Oats with strawberries, cinnamon and 1 tsp of two different nut butters (sunflower and roasted almond).
My apologies for the grainy pic.


--------------------------------------------------------------------
How long does it take you to write a post? From writing to clicking the "publish" button....

Have you visited Kath Eat's blog? It's awesome!

In your comment give me a link to your favorite recipe!

1 comment:

  1. I've met Kath a few times at some blogger meet ups and she's LOVELY! :) So is her hubby!

    I have some of that dry roasted edamame in my desk for emergencies at work haha

    ReplyDelete