Wait... What? Okay, so that may be a slight exaggeration! This stuff is good, but not quite AS GOOD as peanut butter. Never fear, that will remain my one true love. Always and forever.
This stuff is way lower in calories and much sweeter though. And it contains some peanut butter, just so ya know: All is right with the world.
Normally I would try and make a little bit longer of an introduction, but I am currently not on my own computer, and my borrowed time is expiring quickly. So, I'll just jump in with a delicious recipe, some not-so-great photography, and leave you to it!
Cinnamon Utopia Butter
Servings: 20 Tablespoons (13 grams each- approximately)
Calories: 42 per serving
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (32 grams)
- 3 Tbsp cup peanuts (28 grams)
- 3 Tbsp almonds (28 grams)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large banana (120 grams)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- Blend sunflower seeds in a food processor until crumbly. Add the peanuts, then almonds and repeat.
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil to the food processor and blend until it begins to come together. Add the remaining 1/2 Tbsp and any additional oil as needed to form a smooth nut butter. Scrape sides as needed.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into the food processor and blend for 30 seconds, scraping sides to ensure that the water is uniformly dispersed amongst the nut butter.
- Add the cinnamon and blend. Add the banana in chunks and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
*Add salt to taste. I used unsalted nuts and 1/4 tsp of salt sense was enough for me. If you use salted nuts you may need none.
You can see it pictured in my last WIAW on an apple peel:
I have also eaten in on my oatmeal:
It tastes great with fresh fruit, carrots, on pancakes, baked bread, cookies, smoothies, pudding, etc. etc. It just tastes great! (Reminds me of that frosted flakes commercial- *Cue music and singing children- "Frosted Flakes- They're more thannnnn good! ...Duh nu duh.... They're great!" End music*
By the way, if you missed my last WIAW, check it out here.
Check with me tomorrow for another WIAW and new microwave recipe!
Serious questions that need answering... NOW. No pressure :)
How do you come up with interesting names for your creations? I'm getting bored with plain ole- blueberry muffin, chocolate microwave cake... "I wonder what those recipes entail?" I tried to get more creative with this one. Utopia after all is a perfect society, and this nut butter is pretty close to perfect. Originally I tried to combine sunflower, peanuts and almonds into the name: Al-Peanut-Mon-Seed-The-Sun (All Peanut Men Need the Sun). Then it was: Almond-Peanut-Sun-Butter (Cinn-City). Tacky, I know. No need to say a thing!
Would you like more detailed nutrition facts for my recipes? I use myfitnesspal to input all of my recipes and figure out the calorie, carb, fat, protein counts, etc. This makes it easier to keep track and input into my diary. It would be super easy for me to input them on here, but are most readers just concerned with calories? Let me know!